It was only a matter of time before Symantec and their line of internet security products found a way onto mobile devices. They plan to introduce Norton Smartphone Security for Android in the coming weeks, a service which could give WaveSecure and Lookout a run for their money.
Here are the highlights pulled from Norton’s Android site…
Prevents strangers from using your mobile device in case of loss or theft
- Remotely locks your mobile device if it’s stolen so thieves can’t use it and run up your bill
- Instantly locks your mobile device if its SIM card is removed, so it can’t be used with another SIM card
Protects your privacy and the personal information on your mobile device
- Prevents access to your private information if your mobile device is lost or stolen
- Remotely erases all information from your mobile device, if you choose
- Lets you block annoying and unwanted calls and text messages
Eliminates mobile threats before they can cause you problems
- Detects and removes threats and forbidden files without affecting your mobile device’s performance
- Scans all the files and app updates you download to your mobile device for threats
We’ve seen the remote locking feature on other apps, but the “block annoying and unwanted calls and text messages” is something that has me interested. Your thoughts?
This should be available in the Android market sometime in the near future. With a name like “Norton” attached, would you be willing to pay for it?
Visit http://www.norton.mobi from your phone’s browser to check for download availability.