We featured 928Droid a couple of weeks ago as one of the first full-on Droid X themes and over the weekend they released something that might be even more significant. Been confused by all of this deodex/odex talk lately? You really just need to understand one thing: if you want to apply a custom theme to your phone, your phone needs to be deodexed and the 928Droid crew just made this process as simple as an update.zip.
We now have a file which will take your phone from stock rooted 2.2 Droid X, and turn it to themed deodexed rooted Droid X.
And in even better news, we also now have files which will take your themed deodexed phone and return it back to stock rooted odexed or even stock rooted deodexed so that you can apply other themes (Like Invertnito!). Happy? You should be!
If you would like to deodex your phone and have it themed, then download the file from above and drop it on your SD card.
1. You need to be rooted.
2. You need to have run Koush’s Droid X Bootstrap.
3. You need to have the DeOdexEERR.zip file on your SD card.
4. Open Koush’s DX Bootstrap and boostrap the recovery before rebooting to it.
5. From there, go into “backup / restore” and create a backup.
6. Then choose “install zip from sd card.”
7. Choose “select zip to install” and find the DeOdexEERR.zip.
8. Say “yes” and your phone will deodex and apply the 928Droid theme.
To grab additional files including the “return to stock” .zips, hit up the 928Droid site.