The big news is that pre-orders for the device begin tomorrow, March 29. The second piece of big news is that the phone starts at $819, but specific retailers will have it for much lower. When the device is officially released on April 11, you’ll find it at AT&T, Best Buy, B&H, Sprint, T-Mobile, U.S. Cellular, Verizon, and Xfinity Mobile.
- Read: G8 ThinQ official specs.
Somewhat humorously, the phone will already be on “sale” as soon as its launched, with LG offering $150 off the price through select carriers and retailers for a limited time. If that’s not enough, T-Mobile will be selling the phone straight up for $619, a total of $200 off the retail price. And that’s not a deal, that’s the starting retail price for the T-Mobile model. Maybe even more crazy, Verizon is offering a $1,000 savings deal through a variety of bill credits and a prepaid Mastercard. Here’s the process from Verizon.
- Get up to $450 off a new LG G8 when trading in your smartphone and adding a new line (existing customers get $200 when you trade in your old phone and upgrade to a LG G8).
- Receive a $200 prepaid Mastercard when you switch to Verizon and purchase a new LG G8 on a Verizon device payment plan and activate the phone on an eligible Verizon unlimited plan.
- Get $350 off a new LG G8 when you purchase it on a Verizon device payment plan and activate a new line.
- All three offers can be combined for savings up to $1,000.
We’ll post up links and all official pricing from each retailer once it’s live tomorrow. Do you plan on picking a G8 up?
Check out our hands-on with the G8 ThinQ below.