Today, Verizon announced a launch date for its 5G Home broadband internet service, as well as pricing, expected data speeds, where it’ll be available, and what freebies you’ll get for signing up. If you missed our original article on it or don’t feel like reading, we’ve put together some quick facts for you here.
We’ll know even more details on Thursday, but this should help answer any initial questions that might come up.
What: Verizon 5G Home
Where: Indianapolis, Houston, Los Angeles, and Sacramento
When: October 1 launch; sign-ups September 13 at 8AM Eastern
- $50/mo for Verizon customers; $70/mo for non-customers (taxes included)
- First three months free
- No additional hardware costs
- Free white glove installation and equipment
- Free router and router upgrades
- Typical speeds of 300 Mbps; peak speeds of “nearly” 1 Gbps
- No data caps
- Free three months YouTube TV ($40/mo after)
- Free Apple TV 4K or Google Chromecast Ultra
- Option to be first to purchase 5G mobile devices
To sign-up, you’ll go to Verizon’s “First on 5G” site.
Some of our best videos.