Announced this weekend, an open beta for Android 8.0 “Oreo” is now available to owners of a OnePlus 3 or OnePlus 3T. Is that awesome? You better believe it.
Somewhat on the sad side of this news, it was announced back in August that Oreo would be the last major update for the OnePlus 3 and 3T. So, once your phone is upgraded to this, don’t expect anything else too exciting to follow it. Sure, you’ll still get security updates, but that’s it.
Here’s the entire list of what’s new, plus a list of known bugs you should be on the lookout for.
- System changes
- Update to Android O (8.0)
- Added Picture in Picture
- Added Auto-fill
- Added Smart text selection
- New Quick Settings design
- September security patch
- Launcher changes
- Added Notification dots in Launcher
- Added OnePlus account login for access to Shot on OnePlus
- Now able to upload photos directly to Shot on OnePlus through wallpapers
- Fingerprint actions may be slower than you are used to.
- Shortcut to access Google Photos is unavailable
- Some stability issues with NFC and bluetooth
- Performance and compatibility of 3rd party apps will continue to be optimized
Of course, because this is a beta, OnePlus would also like your feedback on the UX and UI. If you come across an issue, you can report it here. The quicker OnePlus identifies bugs and squashes them, the quicker the update can rollout to everyone worldwide.
Follow the link below to get started on your download.