Amazon announced a new tablet this morning, the Fire HD 10. Coming in with a 10.1″ FHD display and quad-core processor with 2GB RAM, the tablet is up for pre-order at just $149.99, with shipments beginning October 11.
The feature to highlight on this particular tablet is Amazon’s inclusion of hands-free Alexa. This is a first for Fire tablets, and with it, users can do all of the same Alexa stuff that they can do on an Echo, but on a tablet. You can control your house lights, pause videos, look at your home security cameras, plus a whole lot more.
Other things worth noting are the MediaTek quad-core processor, 2GB RAM, 2-megapixel rear-facing camera, and microUSB port on the bottom of the device. These aren’t necessarily the things you’re looking for in a new device, but at $150, were you expecting something else?
Here’s a full look at the specifications.
- Display: 10.1” touchscreen, 1920 x 1200 resolution at 224 ppi
- Processor: MediaTek Quad-Core: 2 @ 1.8 GHz + 2 @ 1.4 GHz
- RAM: 2GB
- Storage: 32GB or 64GB of internal storage. MicroSD up to 256 GB supported
- Camera: VGA front-facing camera. 2 MP rear-facing camera
- Battery: Up to 10 hours of reading, surfing the web, watching video, and listening to music
- Charge: Fully charges in under 5 hours using the micro-USB power adapter
- Size: 10.3” x 6.3” x 0.4” (262 x 159 x 9.8mm)
- Colors: Black, Marine Blue, or Punch Red
If Amazon’s latest interests you, follow the link below to get your pre-order in.