After a noteworthy wait, Nougat is finally available for the unlocked model of the Galaxy S7 Edge (SM-G935U). There’s no exact reasoning from Samsung why this update took so long, but hey, at least it’s here now.
Listed in the changelog, you will find the standard Nougat stuff – multi-window, a new UX, better notifications and quick replies, plus a whole lot more. Nougat is very good for Samsung devices, so don’t be shy about flashing this.
Here are the changes listed by Samsung.
- OS upgrade – Android 7.0 Nougat
- Provides new UX and various performance modes
- Improved usability of the Notification feature and Quick settings button
- Improved usability of the Multi window
- Improved setting menu and AOD feature, addition of the Samsung pass feature
- Efficient space for installation of downloaded apps, improved speed of system upgrade and app installation
To update your unlocked Galaxy S7 Edge, you’ll need to download Smart Switch onto your device and Windows/Mac computer. You can find the necessary files here. Manually flashing is necessary as no OTA has been made available at this time. You can always wait for it, but who knows when that might take place.
Once the update is made available for the unlocked Galaxy S7, we’ll let you know.
UPDATE: The regular S7’s update is available too. Details here.
Collapse Show Comments