Owners of the LG G3 who have tied themselves to Sprint, your Android 5.0 “Lollipop” update is on the way. Announced this morning through Sprint’s Devices, Apps, and Services blog, the update is rolling out today with “fluid” Material Design animations, Android TV support, more efficient battery usage, notifications on the lock screen, and more.
Sprint didn’t say, but I would imagine the update file is quite large. If you plan to update right away, be sure you have plenty of battery and are on WiFi.
To check for the update, head into Settings>System updates>Update LG software>Check now.
Here is the list of changes, according to Sprint:
- Material Design for fluid animation, multicolored themes and 3D views
- More efficient battery use
- Android™ TV support
- Notifications on the lock screen and customizable options with prioritized notifications for events, reminders, messages and calls
- Updated Lock Screen features allow users to quickly access notifications and active apps
- Enhanced low vision and color blind capabilities for added Accessibility
- Integrated location menu enables users to easily activate GPS, Wi-Fi and mobile networks, while simultaneously checking the battery usage of apps running location service capabilities
- Enhanced Messaging with Google Hangouts™ support for SMS and MMS and a larger assortment of updated Emoji icons
- Upgraded Google Mobile Service™ apps automatically back up photos and video and can open, view, rename and share Google Docs and files
Anyone receive the update?