The wireless industry appears to be moving in heavy favor of T-Mobile, as the company has announced another fantastic quarter and preliminary findings for 2014 as a whole. In total for the year, the company grabbed 8.3 million total net customer additions, with CEO John Legere stating, “Porting ratios have been in our favor vs. the competition for seven consecutive quarters and it looks like we will continue to beat everyone on total postpaid phone adds as well.”
In Q4 alone, T-Mobile added 2.1 million net customers. For seven quarters in a row, T-Mobile has added more than a 1 million net customers to its network, with no signs of slowing.
Back to John Legere, he is sounding off on Twitter this morning as AT&T announced a somewhat similar data rollover plan for wireless customers. However, Legere does not think AT&T is offering the same great deal as his company, instead calling it “Marketing BS.”
From the looks of the preliminary numbers with regard to customer acquisition and not finances, T-Mobile is doing great.
Preliminary Full Year 2014 Customer Highlights:
- 8.3 million total net customer additions
- 4.9 million branded postpaid net customer additions
- 4.0 million branded postpaid phone net customer additions
- 265 million people now covered by the nation’s fastest 4G LTE network
Preliminary Fourth Quarter 2014 Customer Highlights:
- 2.1 million total net customer additions
- 1.3 million branded postpaid net customer additions
- 1.0 million branded postpaid phone net customer additions
- 266,000 branded prepaid net customer additions
Via: Business Wire
Some of our best videos.