We were already expecting to see the G Flex 2 on stage during LG’s CES press event this morning at 8AM, but we weren’t exactly expecting to see the press release and set of specs sneak out so early. Thanks to tbreak.ae, the surprises are all out in the public for you to start drooling over. This phone sounds like it might be a winner.
According to an early press release and set of specs, the LG G Flex 2 will sport a 2.0GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 64-bit processor, 5.5-inch Full HD P-OLED curved display, 16/32GB storage, 2GB RAM, micro SD slot, rear 13MP camera with OIS+ and Laser Auto Focus, 3,000mAh battery, and Android 5.0 “Lollipop.”
Compared to last year’s model, the biggest change has to be the slimming of the display down to 5.5-inches from 6-inches, but also the increase in resolution from 720p to 1080p. The curve has been increased as well, giving early critics an opportunity to toss out banana comparisons.
Outside of the hardware, the G Flex 2 should feature a number of new features to LG’s software skin that will add useful functionality. Things like gestures to snap selfies, the ability to glance at info on the lock screen without having to unlock it, and quick charging the phone’s big battery in a short amount of time.
Here is the explanation on those features:
- Gesture Shot makes it easy to capture the perfect selfie with a simple hand gesture recognizable from up to 1.5 meters away.
- Gesture View makes it easy to check your last shot immediately after taking a photo or selfie.
- Glance View displays key information such as time, recent messages or missed calls with a downward swipe of the curved screen even while the display is off.
- Fast Charge allows the embedded 3,000mAh battery in the G Flex2 — the only curved mobile battery in the world to be charged up to 50 percent in under 40 minutes.
Here are the “key” specifications:
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 processor with 2.0GHz 64-bit Octa-Core CPU
- Display: 5.5-inch Full HD Curved P-OLED (1080 x 1920 pixels / 403 ppi)
- Memory: 16/32MB eMMC ROM / 2GB DDR4 RAM / microSD slot (up to 2TB)
- Camera: Rear 13.0MP with OIS+ with Laser Auto Focus / Front 2.1MP
- Battery: 3,000mAh (embedded)
- Operating System: Android 5.0 Lollipop
- Size: 149.1 x 75.3 x 7.1-9.4mm
- Weight: 152g
- Network: 4G / LTE / HSPA+ 21/42 Mbps
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth Smart Ready (Apt-X) 4.1, NFC, SlimPort, A-GPS / Glonass, USB 2.0
- Color: Platinum Silver, Flamenco Red
- Other: Gesture Shot, Gesture View, Glance View etc.
Sounds good, right? It should all be official within the next two hours.