It has been a good amount of time since the release of Muzei from Roman Nurik, but now, version 2.0 is available for all to download. A lot has happened since Muzei was the go-too live wallpaper, but the developer definitely made the wait for a big update worth it.
In the update, an enhanced look for Lollipop is featured, as well as an option to remove effects when you are on your lock screen. A bit more important, however, is the addition of Android Wear support. Now, your smartphone and smartwatch can share the same wallpaper, but only after your Android Wear device has been updated to version 5.0.
There is a very large changelog, so take a peek at that below.
If you are new to Muzei, there is an introduction video below from the previous release.
- Saturation slider in advanced settings
- Option to remove effects on the lock screen
- An updated look and feel for Android 5.0
- Improved panning behavior for wide artworks
- A watch face for Android Wear
- Better support for new art notifications on Android Wear
- A full-screen artwork detail view on Android Wear
- A much-needed dose of bug fixes
- Developers: A new API for reading the current wallpaper (see api.muzei.co)