The LG G2 on Verizon is receiving an update today (version VS98025B) that prepares it for the company’s VoLTE launch, which should happen any day now. Verizon told us back at the end of August that we should expect the service to go live within the “coming weeks.” It has certainly been a couple of weeks. We exclusively reported that the LG G2 would be one of the first VoLTE devices, so the update arriving now makes perfect sense.
So what’s in the update?
The update includes Advanced Calling 1.0, which is the blanket name for HD Voice and in-call Video Calling that comes with VoLTE. Once Advanced Calling is on your phone, and you are in a VoLTE area, you can place HD Voice calls to others on Verizon’s network who meet VoLTE requirements (own either a G2 or Galaxy S5, are in a VoLTE area, and have Advanced Calling) and quickly flip between video or non-video modes.
THE FOLLOWING ISSUES HAVE BEEN RESOLVED:
- Autocorrect functions properly when ‘?is selected
- Cancelled meetings can now be removed from calendar
- Mobile Hotspot UI prompt to connect corrected
- Fixed assisted dialing for international numbers
- Prepare your device for the new Advanced Calling 1.0 feature coming soon from Verizon.
- Chrome : v31.0.1650.59 > v34.0.1847.114
- Gmail : v4.7.1 > v4.7.2
- Google Search : v18.104.22.1681712 > v22.214.171.1246182
- Google Settings : v4.0.34 > v4.3.25
- Google+ (Google Plus) : v126.96.36.199179886 > v188.8.131.52038142
- Google Maps : v7.5.0 > v7.7.0
- Google Play Books : v3.1.23 > v3.1.33
- Google Play Games : v1.1.04 > v1.5.08
- Google Play Movies & TV : v3.0.25 > v3.1.22
- Google Play Music : v5.3.1317M.940995 > v5.4.1413N.1048534
- Google Play Store : v4.5.10 > v4.6.17
- Google Voice Search : v184.108.40.2061712 > v220.127.116.116182
- Google Play Newsstand : v3.0.1 v3.2.0
- YouTube : v5.3.28 > v5.5.27
- Google Drive : v1.2.484.18 > v1.2.563.31
- Google Photos : v18.104.22.168179886 > v22.214.171.124038142
- Google TTS Engine : v126.96.36.1994779 > v188.8.131.520024
- Upgrade to SSO v3.1.19
- Upgrade to Cloud v184.108.40.206.2
- Upgrade to CaNID v2.5.11_2859
- Upgrade to ISIS Wallet v2.01.00-build.15.30
- Upgraded VVM : v3.0.3 > v220.127.116.11
- Alarm Clock : v4.2.13 > v4.2.20
- Contacts : v18.104.22.168 > v4.11.51
- Help : v4.4.204 > v4.4.234
- LG IME : v4.4.22 > v4.4.34
- LG Email : v6.30.28 > v6.30.53
- LG Home : v4.3.7 > v4.3.35
- Music : v4.5.15 > v4.5.24
- Weather : v22.214.171.124 > v4.2.28
- Vu Talk was removed
To learn all there is to know about Verizon’s VoLTE launch, hit up our report.
Also, I would imagine that the update to Verizon’s Galaxy S5 from yesterday brought similar Advanced Calling 1.0 features.
Cheers Ghery and Daniel!