Once we get our hands on a shiny new phone or tablet, top priority is keeping it safe. Sprint is helping to keep its customers even more safe starting today, with the announcement of its upgraded Total Equipment Protection Plus plan. The addition of Sprint’s Total Equipment Protection Plus, along with a new Protect app, takes its device coverage to a new level.
Before today’s announcement, Sprint’s Protection Plan covered the basic physical problems that you could run into – loss, theft, damage, and malfunction. With the upgrade to TEP Plus, Asurion comes on board and protects your device’s information, as well as the device itself. There is a whole list of features that Asurion brings to Sprint owner’s devices:
- Automatically back up and secure data
- Identify threats with built-in antivirus and privacy protection
- Access monitoring and optimization tools to maximize battery life and improve a phone’s overall performance*(Android only)
- Remotely find a phone from the secure web portal using GPS or lock and erase personal information from a missing phone (lock is Android only)
- Provide one-click direct access to a tech expert for premium support to address any smartphone issue – no matter how simple or complex.
Sprint’s regular Equipment Protection plan costs $11 each month, and they are offering the TEP Plus plan for only $2 more each month. If you are a Sprint customer, and have trouble keeping your phone safe physically safe and cyber secure, you might want to check this new Plus protection plan out.