HTC may have just launched a high-profile smartphone, but that doesn’t mean that company is neglecting purchasers of older devices. As HTC executive Mo Versi promised earlier this week, an update to 4.4.2 and Sense 5.5 is now available for HTC One mini owners on AT&T.
The updated firmware weighs in at 658MB and comes with a long list of improvements, including requisite Android 4.4 KitKat features and a tweaked BlinkFeed app.
Here’s a full list of changes:
- Improved user interface with Android (4.4 KitKat): The latest version of Android includes enhancements such as restyled status and navigation bars, a new full-screen immersive mode, color emoji support, improved closed captioning support, stronger security, enhanced bluetooth and smarter power use.
- Phone dialer app: The phone app now includes the ability to look up contacts directly from the dial pad, see and tap frequent contacts, and search corporate directories easily.
- Caller ID: Whenever a call is received from a phone number not in saved in contacts, the phone will look for matches from businesses with a local listing on Google Maps.
- HTC BlinkFeed™ app: The new menu gives quicker access to switch content sources and search for custom topics and includes more news sources.
- New copy and paste options: Copy and paste allows users to share or Google highlighted information.
- New e-mail user interface: E-mail look and feel similar to Gmail and allows in-line editing.
- Camera app from lock screen: Click on the camera app icon on the lock screen for quick access to the camera app.
- Control music from the lock screen: Jump to specific past songs or videos from lock screen.
- Immersive viewing: Immersive mode enables full screen viewing of books, videos, and games.
- New clock interface: The clock now has an enhanced analog user interface.
If you’re impatient and the proud owner of an AT&T HTC One mini, you can check for the update manually by navigating to Settings > System updates > HTC software update > Check now. Otherwise, expect to see an update notification within the next few days.