Popular restaurant finding service, Urbanspoon, received a full makeover on Android this morning, along with some other goodies that are sure to impress its userbase. They are calling this major UI change a “beautiful all-native Android experience,” and we’d have to agree. While I’ll admit that I haven’t used Urbanspoon since its slot-machine-shake days, this new overhaul is quite impressive. From its hamburger slideout menu, to its tastefully done map and discover tools, I could see myself giving it another shot all these years later.
Beyond the new look, Urbanspoon now uses a more powerful search engine that can be filtered and sorted in a variety of ways. You’ll find instant info on a restaurant that is nearest you from the app’s home screen, “swipe-access” to restaurant photos and reviews, and easy browsing of guides for restaurants in your area.
Again, this is quite the update.
The full “What’s new” list:
- Beautiful all-native Android experience
- Powerful New Search Engine
- Filter by Rating/Distance/Cuisine(s)/Feature(s)
- Sort by Popularity, Name or Distance
- Instant info for the restaurant nearest you from home screen
- Swipe-access to restaurant photos and reviews
- Easily browse guides for restaurants in your area
- Improved “Change Location” granularity – Neighborhoods!
Some of our best videos.