Back when Minecraft Pocket Edition first launched for Android, it was a ways behind the PC edition in terms of functionality that it could put out. That didn’t stop Mojang however, and their quest to bring our mobile creation worlds up to speed continues today with another update. This brings Minecraft Pocket Edition up to version 0.8.0 and adds a lot of stuff to craft.
The addition of rails is a welcome one, but what are rails without minecarts to push on said rails? And what fun are minecarts if you can’t rig up some redstone, make powered rails and ride along your world? All of these things have been added and more, the list is quite long:
- Minecarts, rails, and powered rails!
- The view distance has been massively increased. Check the options menu for more!
- New textures and colours taken directly from the PC version
- New blocks: carpets, more wood types, hay bales, iron bars, and more
- New crops and food types, including beetroot, carrots, potatoes and pumpkins. Now you can cook new soups, pies, and more!
- A bunch of new items for Creative and Survival, including clocks and compasses
- More blocks and items to use in Creative Mode: including jungle wood, ice, bedrock, shears, dyes, and tall grass
- New AI: mobs are now more intelligent and you can even breed your own animals
- A new Creative Mode inventory with tabs
- New functionality and tweaks to existing blocks and items. Bonemeal lets you grow new cool stuff!
- Improved lighting and fog effects
- Loads of bugs fixed, and possibly some added. 🙂
The update is live in Google Play right now, but if you don’t see it right away do not panic, it should be there by the end of the day.
Some of our best videos.