After yesterday’s Cyber Monday fiasco, Motorola has unveiled their new plan to award many of you with a Moto X for $150 off the full retail price. Instead of dealing with “rushed checkouts” and a flood of traffic to their site all at once, Motorola has decided to hand out coupon codes that can be redeemed for the $150-off promo price within a week. In other words, on either Wednesday (December 4, tomorrow) or next Monday (December 9), you’ll have the chance to register for a coupon code that can later be redeemed for a custom made Moto X through MotoMaker for the discounted Cyber Monday price.
This is how it will all go down according to Motorola:
- Go to motorola.com/holiday2daysale and register for the promotion starting at noon EST on the two sale days. You will know right away if quantities are still available.
- Once registered, you will be emailed a promo code within a few hours. This code is active for one week.
- Go to Moto Maker and design your phone within the one week window (take your time and have fun!).
- At checkout, enter your one-time promo code to receive $150 off the no-contract price in the shopping cart. (Your code only works once and for one phone.)
- Submit your order to get rocking with your custom Moto X in time for the holidays. Moto Maker will provide an estimated delivery date while you design your product and again at checkout. You will also receive an email when we start assembling your device as well as when it ships.*
- If you have other questions, visit their FAQ.
This move should certainly alleviate the strain on their site, but should also give you plenty of time to design the perfect Moto X. So again, you head to their site at noon EST (9AM Pacific) on the two promo days (December 4 and 9), register for the deal, and then wait for your special code to arrive. Once you have your code, you will be given a week to use it.
Also, use the code “THANKS’ to save 30% off on accessories.
All make sense?