This afternoon, BBM for Android is to receive an update, one that brings a few requested features, as well as bug fixes. Since its release, there appears to be plenty of people using this app, which actually shocked many of us. It’s rated quite highly in Google Play, so maybe all of that waiting for an app paid off for people.
Inside the update are new Contact Categories, which allows you to create categories in your contacts list in order to help organize your friends. In addition, there is now list sorting and filtering to Groups by Email, which makes it easier to add your friends to specific groups.
Check below for the full changelog.
- BBM Contact Categories allows you to create categories in your contact lists to help you organize your BBM contacts
- List sorting and filtering in BBM Groups provide new options to organize lists shared within BBM Groups
- Invite BBM contacts to BBM Groups by Email makes it easier to add friends to a BBM Group. If you don’t know their PIN, invite them by Email.
- “Tell your friends’ feature helps you connect with friends on BBM using the sharing tools BBM has created at www.BBM.com/share
- Share Your PIN feature helps you quickly share your BBM PIN and PIN barcode to your social networks like Facebook and Twitter
- Addresses an issue where some users were experiencing higher battery use
- Other bug fixes and performance improvements