Fitbit unveiled the newest product in the company’s fitness lineup this morning, the Force watch. The device has a sleek, minimal look to it, letting users track their daily activities, while also tracking sleep cycles. The watch automatically syncs to the the manager application running on your device, which then syncs to the online tools Fitbit provides. This includes trackers for calories, steps taken, floors conquered, and a lot more. With tracking comes competition, so competing against your friends that also have a Force is a great way to motivate yourself to get out there and stay healthy.
Another thing you have to give Fitbit credit for is its ability to make sure the device works with current smartphones, including ones that run Android. We wish Nike did this with the Fuelband, but we are still waiting for their support.
The Force watch will go on sale for $129.95, starting in about 2-3 weeks from many different retailers. See below for more details.
Fitbit Debuts Force – the Most Advanced Wireless Activity and Sleep-Tracking Wristband Yet
Comfortable and stylish, Force is the first and only wristband featuring an OLED display with real-time access to all your activity stats including stairs; wirelessly syncs to leading devices
SAN FRANCISCO – October 10, 2013– Fitbit, the leader in the fast-growing Connected Health and Fitness category, today announced Fitbit Force, a sleek, advanced, high-performance wireless activity and sleep-tracking wristband. Following on the success of Fitbit Flex, Fitbit Force has a highly visible, OLED display that provides instant access to all your activity stats right on your wrist, keeping you motivated throughout the day. In real time, Fitbit shows you: steps taken, distance traveled, calories burned, active minutes as well as floors climbed. Force also monitors your sleep, can wake you with a silent alarm, serves as a sleek watch and can even provide incoming call notifications.* Fitbit Force is the first and only in its category to be able to capture and display all of these stats on your wrist, as well as wirelessly and automatically sync them to leading Apple & Android smartphones and your computer, helping you push further to achieve your fitness goals.
“The new Force is a must-have tool for all my clients – it’s like having a personal trainer on your wrist,” said Harley Pasternak, best-selling fitness and nutrition author, and celebrity personal trainer. “I use Fitbit products with my clients because they are easy-to-use, accurate and make people want to move more – and more movement means better health, better fitness and a better body.”
Fitbit Force Top Features and Benefits
- OLED display screen for instant stats and time: Force accurately measures and shows steps, distance, calories burned, active minutes, floors climbed and the time on an easy-to-view OLED display on the wristband
- Altimeter takes you to new heights: Force contains a state-of the-art altimeter to track how many floors or how high you climb each day
- Track active minutes to increase your burn: Along with steps, distance and calories burned, you can set a goal for daily “active minutes,” which are moderate-to-high intensity cardio minutes (Center for Disease Control recommends 150 minutes/week)
- Sleep monitoring & silent wake alarm: Track sleep quality, including number of hours slept and how many times you wake or are restless; Force also has a silent wake alarm that gently vibrates to wake you and won’t disturb your partner
- Bluetooth 4.0 allows wireless, automatic syncing: Force stats sync wirelessly to leading mobile phones and tablets so progress is always up to date without having to plug in; Android users simply tap the NFC-enabled Force to a phone to launch the Fitbit app
- Receive smart call notifications on your Force: With Apple iOS 7 4S and higher smartphones, you can choose to receive incoming call notifications right on your Force when your phone is nearby
- Motivational online & mobile tools: Stay motivated with notifications, badges and leaderboards; cheer, taunt and direct message your friends throughout the day – reach your goals faster with a little friendly competition
- Comfortable to wear 24/7: Designed to be comfortable and stylish, Force is also water resistant and can withstand even the sweatiest workout, so you can wear it day and night; plus, Force has a battery life of 7-10 days
- Sophisticated, advanced design: Available in two classic colors (Black and Slate), the sleek Force wristband looks good no matter what you’re doing
“We are continuously looking for ways to take wireless tracking devices and wearable technologies to the next level, and I feel strongly that Force, with its sophisticated design and instant and easy access to all your daily activity right on your wrist, delivers on the promise of what a next-generation activity tracker should be,” said James Park, CEO and Co-Founder of Fitbit.
Motivational Online & Social Tools
With Force, you set personal fitness goals and can tap into Fitbit’s motivational social tools to help reach them, like notifications, badges and leaderboards. New friend-to-friend messaging allows you to cheer and taunt friends directly on your mobile device throughout the day using the Fitbit iPhone or Android app. Fitbit’s latest iPhone app just got a new look with a sleek, iOS 7-inspired design, enhanced syncing and simplified navigation. Vibrating notifications on the Force wristband celebrate you as you meet your daily goals. Fitbit also supports its community by integrating with an unmatched number of leading health and fitness apps. Fitbit is the top downloaded app for connected fitness devices on the Apple iTunes store and the Google Play store, and Fitbit trackers have consistently been the #1 selling devices within the Fitness Technology category.**
Differentiating Bluetooth 4.0 Technology
Force features Bluetooth 4.0 technology, which allows your activity stats to wirelessly and automatically sync to your smartphone and tablet, making it effortless for you to see progress toward the personal fitness goals you set. Fitbit offers in-the-moment, automatic reminders based on your current stats for continuous motivation throughout the day, without ever having to plug in. Force syncs with leading mobile devices, including iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3rd Gen and later, and select Android devices, like the Samsung Galaxy S3 and S4, Note II and Note 10.1.
Widest Variety of Activity Trackers on the Market
We’re aware that there is no “one size fits all” option in fitness. With the introduction of Force, Fitbit now offers two fantastic wristband options within its family of health and fitness products that motivate you to stay active, live better and reach your goals:
· Force is an advanced wristband tracker with a comfortable and stylish design, featuring an OLED display for people who want instant access to all of the best activity stats 24/7
· The award-winning Fitbit Flex is a flexible, interchangeable wristband tracker that offers a slim, minimalistic design for people that are goal-oriented and want more flexibility in accessorizing
Fitbit Force ($129.95) is available for order today on fitbit.com and will be available in select retailers in two-three weeks