Pebble, the Kickstarter funded smartwatch of the moment, stuck to its word and released their Watchface SDK, today. Going forward, developers will have the opportunity to get creative with the watchfaces that can be shared and downloaded to Pebble. We’re already seeing a handful in the Pebble forums, but the list will likely grow tremendously over the next few weeks as developers have time to play with this release.
The Pebble team also released an OS update today to build 1.10.0. The new software brings support for watchfaces created by the previously mentioned Watchface SDK, helps increase battery life on iOS devices, include an improved battery indicator, and more. They also squashed a bunch of bugs, all of which we have listed below.
- Added support for third-party watchfaces created by the watchface SDK (see the SDK release notes for more details).
- Resolved power-savings issues causing impaired battery life when connected to an iOS device.
- Improved the responsiveness and power-efficiency of several system applications.
- Improved battery indicator to be more responsive and accurate.
- Added an option to disable turning on the backlight using the accelerometer.
- Added an option to disable the vibrating motor when a notification arrives.
- Factory reset now removes all non-system applications and watchfaces.
- “Allow Pebble to communicate…” pop-ups occur much less frequently on iOS.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when an email is sent over MAP on iOS with an empty subject.
- Fixed a crash in the music app that occurred when Bluetooth was disabled.
- Fixed a crash in the music app if tracks were changed too quickly when paired with an iOS device.
- Fixed an issue where non-fullscreen apps that aren’t animated don’t render properly.
- Fixed an edge-case where Pebble would not properly connect to an iOS device.
- Fixed an issue where multiple vibration patterns would run concurrently.
And last, the Pebble Android app was updated to also include support for the Watchface SDK. You’ll find a new settings menu as well.
Via: Pebble Forums  [SDK] [Play Link]