Oh yes, my favorite time of the year has finally arrived. The brackets are out and the NCAA basketball tournament for 2013 is officially 1 day away from starting. For those not fully familiar, at this time every year, businesses see productivity decrease drastically, as office pools and bracket filling commences for the NCAA men’s college basketball tournament. It’s a time for non-sports fans to all of a sudden become sports fans, or to at least decide which mascots are more awesome. It’s a time where anything can happen – shockers, buzzers beaters, and mega-upsets fill our days. We complain about our picks, yell at experts, compare brackets to our friends and colleagues, and completely lose ourselves for a solid month in the madness. In my opinion, there is nothing this good in sports at any other time throughout the year.
To celebrate, we always put together a special Droid Life group, ask you to join in for some good ol’ fashion competition, pick winners in a bracket, and hopefully walk away with some great prizes.
The tournament officially kicks off tomorrow with the pre round of 64 games. Thankfully, bracket challenges couldn’t care less about these games, so you actually have until Thursday morning before the round of 64 starts to get your picks in.
ESPN Group: Droid Life 2013
Prize: Winner takes home a Nexus 7 16GB tablet and $100 in Google Play gift cards.
How to enter:
1. Entry is free.
2. Join the Droid Life group from above (create an ESPN account if you need to).
3. Fill out your bracket and submit before the games start Thursday (21st) morning.
4. There are games tomorrow, but you still have until Thursday before you need to be entered.
5. Winner with the highest total points following the NCAA Championship is our winner.
6. We use ESPN and their scoring system, along with their tiebreaker system.
7. This is a “winner takes all” competition.
1. We use the “Locked” setting, which means you can’t swap out brackets once the competition starts.
2. We also only allow 1 entry per person.
Feel free to invite your friends and family members – the more competition, the more fun we have.
Good luck, all!
Some of our best videos.