Third party keyboards – we can’t get enough of them. As we have seen from past examples, some are much better than others in terms of usability and user adoption. Although, we have seen some that are just downright ridiculous. Kii Keyboard on the other hand, is looking pretty good so far.
The keyboard brings together some of the more popular features from SwiftKey, Swype, and others. For example, the prediction is spot on like SwiftKey’s and of course, there is swipe gesture typing like you see with Swype. It’s really quite functional and it also supports a ton of different language packs, which is perfect for our multi-lingual readers. Hola!
During the beta period, the following features will be enabled for all users.
- Accurate and smart keyboard predictions
- User defined text shortcuts
- Extra number key row
- Extra arrow key row
- Swiftkey like next word prediction
- Gesture keyboard control
- Swype like gesture input
- Thumb Keyboard like split keyboard layouts
- Support iOS6 emoji input
- 8 build-in HD themes
- Support a variety of themes: Go Keyboard, Better Keyboard, Themeshop Keyboard themes
- Font and color customization
- Use any pictures as keyboard background
- True Multi-touch keyboard
- Jelly Bean 4.2 keyboard
No word on when the keyboard will come out of beta, but get it while it’s hot and let us know what you think so far. The gestures could use a tad bit of work, but I think the keyboard does well when bringing together the best features from multiple competitors.
Collapse Show Comments