If you haven’t heard of the Team Win Recovery, it is completely touch-based (no more volume rocker BS) easy to navigate recovery. Built from AOSP, it has had many custom features added and is quite widely used by the Android community alongside ClockworkMod Recovery. It received a major update yesterday, which brings a full keyboard that users can access to edit file names and other actions, a pseudo terminal emulator, and backup archive splitting.
- On-screen keyboard in recovery! — supports long press, backspace repeat, and swipe left deletes everything left of the cursor
- Name new backups and rename existing backups
- Rename files and folders in the file manager
- Pseudo-terminal emulator
- Support decrypting an encrypted data partition on Galaxy Nexus (enter password using keyboard)
- Backup archive splitting — allows backup and restore of data partitions larger than 2GB
- Simplified XML layout support between resolutions
- Added dual storage selection radio buttons to zip install, backup, and restore pages
- Improved zip install compatibility
- Updated update-binary source code
- Numerous small bug fixes and improvements
If you want to access the newest version of the recovery, you can download it from the via link below.
Collapse Show Comments