Update: We didn’t realize that SwiftKey Tweeted this new beta out to the public the other day. It doesn’t look like this is a private VIP thing any longer. Download it here.
A new version of the Swiftkey 3 Beta has been pushed out to VIP users today. In the newest build, there are lots of bug fixes, improved UI, and some various other additions for all you testers. There was one in particular that made Kellex and myself completely stop using the Beta, which was the “What’s New dialog popping up all the time” bug. Totally annoying. Here’s the full changelog:
Since the last version we have:
- Improved the UI: there is now a dedicated comma key, and the <123> key is now in the bottom-left corner. And of course you still have the larger spacebar.
- Refined the Smart Punctuation pop-up.
- Reintroduced the Long-press duration setting.
- Improved Smart Space functionality.
- Further reduced lag on some devices.
- Fixed a number of bugs, including the missing decimal point in the numpad and the “What’s New” dialog popping up all the time.
Have any of you given it a go yet? It’s pretty solid so far.