Another leaked build has been released for the DROID RAZR. Do know, that after flashing this you will not be able to return to the official OTA and this might take you off the correct update path Motorola and Verizon has planned for consumers. You flash these at your own risk. In order to return back to stock, you will need to use RSD and fastboot. If you don’t know these terms, then we suggest going no further.
So now that we have the scary stuff out of the way, this is build version 6.12.174.xt912. According to the source, this could just be a small ’emergency update’ to fix a force close bug when hitting the hard search key while in the app drawer. The radio has also received a minor update, but no word on what the update actually contains. After flashing this, you will still be running 2.3.6 and everything else should remain the same.
Instructions (simple version):
*You do not need to be rooted to flash this file.
*You need to be running 6.12.173.XT912. That is mandatory.
1. Download this file to your SD card (not internal storage).
*You want the file located in /mnt/sdcard-ext
2. Power down your phone.
3. Reboot into recovery by holding both Volume Up and Down and Power at the same time.
4. When the first menu appears, choose “recovery.”
*Scroll using Volume Down. Select “recovery” with Volume Up.
5. When the exclamation and Android logo appear, press both volumes at the same time.
6. Select “apply update from sdcard.” Scroll with Volume Down, select with Power switch.
7. Select the file “Blur_Version.6.
8. Watch your phone update itself! And trust me, it could take a while.
9. When it finishes, choose “reboot system now.”
10. Enjoy your updated phone!
Some of our best videos.