A reader just sent us over an email he received from the Hulu team concerning why he couldn’t find the Hulu+ app on the Android Market from his rooted DROIDX running Gingerbread. The Hulu rep asked him numerous questions including, “Is your phone rooted? (Unfortunately, we are not able to support rooted phones)”. The only thing about that, is that it doesn’t state anywhere that the Hulu+ app doesn’t support rooted devices.
Thanks for your email. I’m very sorry you are having problems locating the Hulu Plus application in the Android Market. I’d love to help figure this out, so if you have a moment, the answers to the following questions will help me track down what’s going on here:
• Who is your carrier? (Verizon, AT&T, etc.)
• What is model number? (Go to Settings > About Phone)
• What is the Android version? (Go to Settings > About Phone)
• Is your phone rooted? (Unfortunately, we are not able to support rooted phones)
• What is your IMEI number? It’s available via Settings -> ‘About Phone’ or ‘System Info’ varies slightly from phone to phone.
I look forward to your response.
What thickens the plot even more, is that we can view Hulu videos on our rooted DROIDX running Froyo, but not our DROIDX running GB. Is it just a rooted gingerbread deal? I have no luck on my rooted Nexus S, even though the Nexus is supposedly one of the supported devices as listed in the Market.
So that’s why we’re asking you. Out of the handful of people who have a device that is supported by Hulu, are you rooted or not rooted? Does the app work, or not? Let us know!
Collapse Show Comments