The DROID Charge (our review) may not have been adopted as widely as the HTC Thunderbolt was by developers after launch, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t some still out there puttin’ in work on ROMs for it. Over the last week and a half we’ve started to see a handful or so reach pretty stable levels, so we wanted to make sure our Charge readers knew about them.
The ROM that we’ve picked to highlight is from a familiar name that you may recognize from his DROIDX days: kejar. He’s calling it Gummy Charged – a debloated Froyo ED2 build that has mostly “from source” apps aside from the freshly themed stock phone/contacts, task manager, camera and browser he left behind. Looks pretty sharp to me.
1. You have to be rooted. (only way I’m finding to root is by reverting back to ED1)
2. You have to have Clockwork Recovery installed.
3. Once you have both done, download the file from above and place it on your SD card.
4. Reboot into recovery, create a backup and then perform a factory reset.
5. Select “install zip from sd card” and then choose the file you download from above.
6. Load the file.
7. Reboot and enjoy.
Full support can be found at this XDA thread.