The LG Revolution is the 4th 4G LTE smartphone that will launch on Verizon some time in the first half of 2011. The device, as all of VZW’s 4G LTE devices do, sports a 4.3″ screen, but only has a 5MP camera and possibly just a 1GHz single-core processor. The press release can’t confirm that, but we figure if it was a Tegra 2, that they would have been raving about it.
This is the LTE device that popped up a number of times over the last 6 months, but now that it’s real, nothing was all that unexpected. The HDMI out is always a plus and the 5MP camera appears to have some additional features, so we’ll just recommend that you play with this device yourself. We liked it, but the Thunderbolt and BIONIC are topping our list right now.
Gallery and press release after the break.
Verizon Wireless and LG Mobile Phones Lead into the 4G Future with the LG Revolution
First 4G Device from LG Delivers a Next-Generation Smartphone for Customers Ready to Experience Blazing-Fast LTE Technology
LAS VEGAS; BASKING RIDGE, N.J.; and SAN DIEGO – Verizon Wireless and LG Mobile Phones today announced the first 4G LTE smartphone from LG, the LG Revolution. With high-speed 4G LTE connectivity that puts users in the action, LG Revolution offers complete HD support for streaming, playing and recording video multimedia while on the go. Equipped with a chic design, large 4.3-inch touchscreen and Android 2.2 platform, LG Revolution is the ideal device for users ready to experience the next level of smartphone power.
“LG Revolution combines the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Mobile Broadband network with the power of Android 2.2 to deliver a blazingly fast experience,” said Marni Walden, vice president and chief marketing officer for Verizon Wireless. “The introduction of the first 4G LTE smartphone from LG is a positive addition to our robust lineup of powerful smartphones.”
The Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Mobile Broadband network, launched in December 2010, is the fastest, most advanced 4G network in the United States, providing speeds up to 10 times faster than Verizon Wireless’ 3G network. Verizon Wireless’ 4G LTE Mobile Broadband network currently reaches one-third of all Americans, with plans to expand the network to the company’s entire 3G coverage area over the next three years.
“Being an innovation and technology leader has always been a top priority for LG and we are thrilled to unveil a new level of smartphone capabilities and features,” said Tim O’Brien, vice president of marketing for LG Mobile. “LG Revolution marks the beginning of new technologies and products that will complement on-the-go consumers looking for high-speed connectivity in one compact device.”
LG Revolution will be on display at CES in Verizon Wireless’ booth (#35216 in the South Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center) and in LG’s booth (#8205 in the Central Hall). For more information about Verizon Wireless’ 4G LTE network, visit www.verizonwireless.com/lte and for more information about Verizon Wireless at CES, please visit www.verizonwireless.com/ces or follow the compay on Twitter at http://twitter.com/verizonwireless.
- 4G LTE – customers can expect download speeds of 5 to 12 Mbps and upload speeds of 2 to 5 Mbps in 4G Mobile Broadband coverage areas
- 4.3-inch capacitive touchscreen
- Wi-Fi capable
- Mobile Hotspot capability – share 4G connection with up to 8 Wi-Fi devices
- DLNA, HDMI and DIVX capable
- Video telephony support with front-facing camera
- Android 2.2 technology for Google Mobile Services, including Gmail™, YouTube™, Google Talk, Google Voice and access to Android Market™
- Virtual QWERTY keyboard
- Bluetooth® 3.0 capabilities with support for Bluetooth Profiles Supported: Headset, Hands-Free, Dial-Up Networking, Object Push, Advanced Audio Distribution (stereo), Audio/Video Remote Control, Phone Book Access, and File Transfer
- 16GB internal memory with microSD™ card slot with expandable memory up to 32GB
- Proximity sensor instantly locks touchscreen while talking on the phone
- Full suite of messaging options – Text, picture, video and voice messaging; corporate and personal e-mail accounts supported
- 5.0-megapixel autofocus camera with flash and camcorder that includes:
- Five different camera resolutions and three different video resolutions
- Macro Mode for detailed, up-close pictures
- Image editor with zoom, rotate, resize, crop, added frames and stamps
- Customize brightness, white balance, shutter sounds, color effects and use self-timer
- Optimize video quality with normal, fine or super camcorder settings
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s fastest and most advanced 4G network and largest and most reliable 3G network, and serves more than 93 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 80,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
About LG Electronics
LG Electronics, Inc. (KSE: 066570.KS) is a global leader and technology innovator in consumer electronics, mobile communications and home appliances, employing more than 80,000 people working in over 115 operations around the world. With 2009 global sales of 55.5 trillion Korean won (USD 43.4 billion), LG comprises four business units – Home Entertainment, Mobile Communications, Home Appliance, and Air Conditioning and Energy Solution. LG is one of the world’s leading producers of flat panel TVs, audio and video products, mobile handsets, air conditioners and washing machines. LG has signed a long-term agreement to become both a Global Partner and a Technology Partner of Formula 1™. As part of this top-level association, LG acquires exclusive designations and marketing rights as the official consumer electronics, mobile phone and data processor of this global sporting event. For more information, please visit www.lg.com.
Collapse Show Comments