Just like it did with Gmail, Google has released their official Car Home (navigation) app into the Android Market. As you can see from the shots above, they’ve tweaked the UI slightly, given you additional pages to use for app shortcuts, added the ability to set a custom wallpaper, and are now allowing color tweaks to be made to buttons. Overall they’ve done a great job, the only problem is, this thing is impossible to find or run. We’ve got you covered though!
Update: It appears to have been pulled from the market. It is no longer available even on AppBrain.
Update 2: We’ve posted the file for download here.
1. First, try this link from your phone.
If it pulls up the app in your market, throw a party and install. If it pulls up nothing, head to step 2.
2. Using AppBrain’s Fast Web Installer, send the app to install from this page.
3. Once installed, head to home screen with space on it.
4. Hit Menu>Add>Shortcuts>Activities (you need LauncherPro installed).
5. In Activities, scroll down to Car Home and tap on it.
6. Now select “Car Home – com.google.android.carhome.CarHome”.
7. You will now have a shortcut to the app on your homescreen.
Let us know if you’ve found a faster method for downloading this app and getting it to run. Enjoy!