Another day, another ported app from another Android device. Yep, we’re laughing at you Apple.
Who wants the new live wallpapers which can be found on the new Samsung Galaxy S? These feel a little more artsy than some of the live wallpapers we’ve seen in the past on Android devices, but I must say that they are very impressive. While the jury is still out on whether or not the Droid and Nexus One can run these efficiently, feel free to give them a shot and put your overclocked baby to the test.
*Rooted users only.*
1. Download this file to your SD Card: signed-SamsungLWPs.zip
2. Open ROM Manager and choose “Install ROM from SD Card.”
3. Navigate to the location of the file you just downloaded and tap on it.
4. Choose “OK” when prompted.
5. Skip “wipe data and cache” and make a backup if you’d like.
6. Phone will reboot into recovery and work its magic.
7. When it boots back up, go into Menu>Wallpapers>Live Wallpapers.
Let me know if you run into any issues. Also, let me know if your 1.0+GHz Droid handles these any better than my Droid on a stock kernel did.
Big thanks again to the guys at XDA Forums for putting this together!
Source: XDA Forums
Some of our best videos.