Home

Nexus 5 in Red to Hit Google Play on February 4 According to Sprint Internal Doc

Red Nexus 5

According to a recently leaked internal document from Sprint, the Nexus 5 in Bright Red is set to hit Google Play on February 4, 2014. Since the Nexus 5 works on three out of the four major carriers in the US, it makes sense for carriers to start seeding out information to their employees before the release.

It doesn’t appear that the red Nexus 5 is going to be a Sprint exclusive, given that Google wouldn’t place the device on sale through Google Play for a carrier exclusive color. Plus, it’s a Nexus – there has never been a carrier exclusive colored Nexus device, so we assume they aren’t going to start now.

As always, this is just an internal document and the release date is not confirmed or official whatsoever. All of this info is subject top change at a moment’s notice.

If it does drop on Feb. 4, who here is picking up the new colorway?

Via: Android Central
  • Jonas

Is there any information if it will be the soft cover that is on the black or hard plastic as the white?

• umesh

Colton

i hope that black bar is optional

19 4

Carlos Lopez Colton

• a day ago

Its covering up the verizon logo ;)

8 5

Colton Carlos Lopez

oh shoot, about time! hahahaha

1 2

Philip J. Fry

Sweet, but blue would be better

13 3

Cael Philip J. Fry

• a day ago

omg especially that light blue HTC used.

5 1

michael arazan Philip J. Fry

• 18 hours ago

I’ll take an evergreen or olive. But blue and white would look sharp

John Legere

Yes yes yes ! I’d buy every color

4 5

Edward Smith

• a day ago

My wife really wants the purple one that was in the leak, hope its real then we can be a Nexus family ;)

3 7

NBM

• a day ago

They should make a mint one… mint is one of the most common color options available among fairly cheap cases on amazon and such (ebay, etc)

1 1

Matthew

• a day ago

So they put out a device in the color of the one carrier that refuses to support it? Forget a red device (they already sell a case in t colir), I’m more concerned about recent reports saying the Nexus phone program is dead. $350 phones are prime reason for staying

1 3

Cael

• a day ago

I might just buy this and just use tethering through my Verizon.

1 3

Dustin Crooke Cael

• 12 hours ago

Do it. it’s what I do. I also have a 2gb prepaid plan through ATT but with no coverage at home and downloading ROMs, I’m tethered to my G2 or X all the time anyway.

Tim242 Cael

• a day ago

That sounds like a good idea. However, it gets old fast.

Cael Tim242

• a day ago

I’d just be using it as a media device. :)

1 1

Good_Ole_Pinocchio

• a day ago

ah my favorite color… but I already have the black one. And I’m ready for a new phone….More S5 and M8 leaks please. Are you guys going to MWC?

1 5

Pedro Good_Ole_Pinocchio

• a day ago

The amount of ‘Shiny!’ and disposable cash constantly amazes me.

Bought. phone. weeks. ago. Must . find. new. phone!

8 2

Good_Ole_Pinocchio Pedro

• a day ago

I’m pretty much on the 6 month cycle. The people who buy and sell phones often know that it doesn’t really take much money. Keep your phone in good shape, and sell when you’re ready to move on. I’ve sold my S4 for the One, then the One for the N5.

4 3

bd1212 Good_Ole_Pinocchio

• a day ago

Yep, I’m on the same cycle… usually end up spending next to nothing on each new phone, sometime even making a slight profit. Can’t decide which phone I’m more excited for. The M8 is looking to be an awesome phone and (based off the rumors) fixes nearly every problem I had with the original One (button placement, battery size, huge bezels for a not-so-big display, so-so camera). On the other hand, with Google having more of an influence on Samsung’s design/app choices I’m really looking forward to the S5, but I’m worried about battery life with that crazy 2K display. Also worried about potential lag running Touchwiz on it. Considering the M8 is rumored to have the same amazing specs as the S5 sans the 2K display, it’s really going to be a hard decision deciding on which one I get.

2 3

Good_Ole_Pinocchio bd1212

• a day ago

I don’t think we’ll see any influence on the S5 since Google ans Sammy just got in bed recently. But it will be a Good match up between the S5 and the M8. I’m big on HTC so i’ll probably go M8. MWC is a month away so I fully expect more leaks.

2 1

bd1212 Good_Ole_Pinocchio

• a day ago

I’m also a big fan of HTC, but hated the button layout on the One, the poor battery life, physical size in relation to a relatively small display and large bezels, and the poor camera compared to the S4, iPhone, etc. HTC is rumored to have changed all of this for the M8, opting for the Snapdragon 805 processor, 6MP-8MP UltraPixel camera (hopefully will be much improved), 2900mAh battery, and a big 5-inch display with small bezels. If they put the sleep/wake button on the side of the device instead of the top, I’ll most likely be getting the M8. I’m excited to see what Samsung does with Touchwiz on the S5 and how it performs with such a crazy high-res display. Dunno how that rumored 2900mAh battery is going to last with such a demanding display, though. The M8 is looking more and more attractive each day, though.

Pedro Good_Ole_Pinocchio

• a day ago

Your money. Your decisions. No sweat off my back.
    But seriously, looking to replace the N5 already? It hasn’t even been available for 3 months, let alone in your pocket.

Shiny!

1 8

Good_Ole_Pinocchio Pedro

None of that matters. MORE

3 3

John Legere Good_Ole_Pinocchio

• a day ago

Needs moar cowbell. Im excited for the M8 too.

1 3

Sanjay kumar negi

• 19 hours ago

Nexus 5 in red color, i don’t like it a bit.

Chazz Matthews Sanjay kumar negi

• 16 hours ago

Who’s forcing you to buy it? Report them to the police. :) There’s also black and white.

Or did you just post so you could spam the thread with that commercial link? How much money do you make as spammer?

Guest

• 16 hours ago

Can we get a senses… is Red really the best color to go with, Yes or No? I say if they are going with color they should offer the rest of the Google Nexus colors… Blue Yellow and Green

Hothfox Guest

• 16 hours ago

Census. Not trying to be an ass.

It would be nice to see the Nexus lineup in more than just black and white. I think it would help sell it to the mainstream consumers.

DJ SPY

• a day ago

This clearly means the Nexus 5 is coming to Verizon. Hello! Red! Big red!

Hothfox DJ SPY

• 16 hours ago

I wish. Before the sale of Motorola Mobility to Lenovo, I had already decided that I would be buying another Moto device next December when I upgraded again. Now, we’ll have to see how the sale affects their lineup. Back to the drawing board! I have to hope that Lenovo will let Motorola operate mostly independently, but there’s no way to say for sure. If Nexus devices started coming to Verizon again, then my mind would be made up.

WHAT’S THIS?ALSO ON DROID LIFE: AN INTENSE ANDROID NEWS COMMUNITY

Contest: $250 in Google Play Gift Cards Up for Grabs!

1288 comments

15 hours agoWill P — Gonna buy new season of Archer with this

OUYA Launches New Console, All Black Exterior With a Jump in Storage

29 comments

12 hours agoJRomeo — ideally, playing a game on your smartphone which streams to the chromecast…. now that would be perfect.

Microsoft Reportedly Considering Google’s Sundar Pichai for CEO Position

57 comments

10 hours agoJohn Legere — Silly Microsoft, all that Scroogle stuff and you want to hire him?

The Droid Life Show: Motorola and Lenovo Special Edition

13 comments

11 hours agoKellex B — Hopefully it was. :P
    Colton

i hope that black bar is optional

19 4

Carlos Lopez Colton

• a day ago

Its covering up the verizon logo ;)

8 5

Colton Carlos Lopez

oh shoot, about time! hahahaha

1 2

Philip J. Fry

Sweet, but blue would be better

13 3

Cael Philip J. Fry

• a day ago

omg especially that light blue HTC used.

5 1

NBM

1 1

Matthew

1 3

Cael

• a day ago

I might just buy this and just use tethering through my Verizon.

1 3

Dustin Crooke Cael

• 12 hours ago

Tim242 Cael

• a day ago

That sounds like a good idea. However, it gets old fast.

Cael Tim242

• a day ago

I’d just be using it as a media device. :)

1 1

Good_Ole_Pinocchio

1 5

Pedro Good_Ole_Pinocchio

• a day ago

The amount of ‘Shiny!’ and disposable cash constantly amazes me.

Bought. phone. weeks. ago. Must . find. new. phone!

8 2

Good_Ole_Pinocchio Pedro

4 3

bd1212 Good_Ole_Pinocchio

2 3

Good_Ole_Pinocchio bd1212

2 1

bd1212 Good_Ole_Pinocchio

Pedro Good_Ole_Pinocchio

• a day ago

Your money. Your decisions. No sweat off my back.

Shiny!

1 8

Good_Ole_Pinocchio Pedro

None of that matters. MORE

3 3

John Legere Good_Ole_Pinocchio

• a day ago

Needs moar cowbell. Im excited for the M8 too.

1 3

Sanjay kumar negi

• 19 hours ago

Nexus 5 in red color, i don’t like it a bit.

Chazz Matthews Sanjay kumar negi

• 16 hours ago

Guest

• 16 hours ago

Hothfox Guest

• 16 hours ago

Census. Not trying to be an ass.

DJ SPY

• a day ago

This clearly means the Nexus 5 is coming to Verizon. Hello! Red! Big red!

Hothfox DJ SPY

• 16 hours ago

WHAT’S THIS?ALSO ON DROID LIFE: AN INTENSE ANDROID NEWS COMMUNITY

Contest: $250 in Google Play Gift Cards Up for Grabs!

1288 comments

15 hours agoWill P — Gonna buy new season of Archer with this

OUYA Launches New Console, All Black Exterior With a Jump in Storage

29 comments

Microsoft Reportedly Considering Google’s Sundar Pichai for CEO Position

57 comments

The Droid Life Show: Motorola and Lenovo Special Edition

13 comments

11 hours agoKellex B — Hopefully it was. :P

• George

• Hothfox

Census. Not trying to be an ass.

• Sanjay kumar negi

Nexus 5 in red color, i don’t like it a bit.

• Chazz Matthews

Or did you just post so you could spam the thread with that commercial link?

• DJ SPY

This clearly means the Nexus 5 is coming to Verizon. Hello! Red! Big red!

• Hothfox

• NBM

• Matthew

• John Legere

Yes yes yes ! I’d buy every color

• Edward Smith

• Cael

I might just buy this and just use tethering through my Verizon.

• Tim242

That sounds like a good idea. However, it gets old fast.

• Cael

I’d just be using it as a media device. :)

• Dustin Crooke

• Philip J. Fry

Sweet, but blue would be better

• Cael

omg especially that light blue HTC used.

• XWheme1937

мʏ ʀօօмαт­­­­­­e­­­­­­’ѕ мօтн­­­­­­e­­­­­­ʀ-ιɴ-ʟαա мαĸ­­­­­­e­­­­­­ѕ $78/нʀ օɴ тн­­­­­­e­­­­­­ ʟαքтօք. ѕн­­­­­­e­­­­­­ нαѕ в­­­­­­e­­­­­­­­­­­­e­­­­­­ɴ ʟαιɖ օғғ ғօʀ ғιʋ­­­­­­e­­­­­­ мօɴтнѕ вυт ʟαѕт мօɴтн н­­­­­­e­­­­­­ʀ քαʏƈн­­­­­­e­­­­­­ƈĸ աαѕ $1з1з0 ʝυѕт աօʀĸιɴɢ օɴ тн­­­­­­e­­­­­­ ʟαքтօք ғօʀ α ғ­­­­­­e­­­­­­ա нօυʀѕ. ɢʀ­­­­­­e­­­­­­αт ѕιт­­­­­­e­­­­­­ fox800&#46com

• michael arazan

I’ll take an evergreen or olive. But blue and white would look sharp

• Good_Ole_Pinocchio

• Pedro

The amount of ‘Shiny!’ and disposable cash constantly amazes me.

Bought. phone. weeks. ago. Must . find. new. phone!

• Good_Ole_Pinocchio

• Pedro

Your money. Your decisions. No sweat off my back.

Shiny!

• Good_Ole_Pinocchio

None of that matters. MORE

• John Legere

Needs moar cowbell. Im excited for the M8 too.

• bd1212

• Good_Ole_Pinocchio

• bd1212

• Colton

i hope that black bar is optional

• Carlos Lopez

Its covering up the verizon logo ;)

• Colton