This morning, NVIDIA pushed out an update, version 2.9, to the official TegraZone app on Google Play. The update will now work with all Android devices, regardless of whether it is powered by a Tegra processor or not. Since all devices are now supported, you can track all of your Android gaming through Google Play Game Services on the app, and also use the Google+ login to help personalize your TegraZone experience.
NVIDIA has added in TegraZone Collections, which will highlight certain interest groups of games by features, genre, and publisher, making games easier to find for gamers. And for all of you SHIELD owners, the app has added support for those beautiful controller buttons.
It looks as though with this update, NVIDIA is trying to break down the walls of exclusivity that Tegra introduced, and for that, we thank you. You can grab the update through Google Play by clicking the link below.
- Supports Google Play Game Services
- Uses your Google+ login to personalize your TegraZone experience
- TegraZone Collections will allow highlighting of special interest groups of games by feature, genre, or publisher
- Sharing shortcut icon makes it easier to share via your favorite social network
- Dynamic loading of additional content when you scroll to the bottom of games lists and news
- Archived news items are now viewable
- Enhanced support for NVIDIA SHIELD controls