Every year I write up this contest my mind is blown once again because it’s a good reminder at how long we’ve all been hanging out together on the internet. This is the 9th annual NFL DL Football Eliminator. Nine. 9. Some of us have now known each other for almost a decade. How wild is that?
Enough emotions, though, it’s football time! The NFL season officially kicks off this week and that means it’s time for you to prepare to pick a weekly winner in this contest of ours. This year, should you stick around and actually pick well (you’ll probably have to go undefeated), you will be able to win a brand new Google Nest Hub Max. Not bad, right?
For those new to NFL eliminator challenges, they work like this. At absolutely zero cost to you, you pick one winner each week during the NFL season out of all of the games being played that week. If your team wins, you move on to the next week. Just keep in mind that you can only choose a team one time per season, so there is some strategy involved. With that said, by no means are these challenges as intense as fantasy football or weekly pick’em challenges. This is the simplest form of an NFL challenge you can participate in. All you have to do each week is remember to pick a single winner. You can even make your picks via ESPN Fantasy app if that helps.
The season’s first game is Thursday, September 5 (yes, tomorrow), so you will want to sign-up now. We will try our best to remind you throughout the next couple of days to sign-up, though. You do not have to pick by tomorrow.
Join the group: Droid Life Eliminator
Simple rules for those new to eliminator challenges:
- Join the league up above. Create an entry for yourself. Get ready to pick winners.
- Since this is an eliminator challenge, you only have to pick 1 winner each week.
- Remember though, that you only get to use a team one time and cannot pick them to win again.
- If you choose correctly each week, you continue to advance.
- If you choose incorrectly, you are more than likely out. Still, continue picking though, as we may not have anyone finish the season perfect.
- If that didn’t make sense, check out the full “How to Play” rules here.
- If we run into a tiebreaker, we will decide a winner based on these rules. We go with ESPN’s rules and they determine the winner.
This year’s prize is a Google Nest Hub Max, which isn’t out yet at the start of this competition, but will certainly be by the time it wraps up at the end of the year.
The winner will need to contact us to verify before we can send a prize. ESPN is dumb and removed all ways for us to contact you through the challenge group, so again, if you win, you have to contact us. The prize for the winner will be bought and shipped within the US. Sorry, non-US friends.
Good luck, everyone!