The OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T are receiving new open beta updates this week as builds Beta 17 and Beta 15, respectively. The updates include a bunch of tweaks to improve optimization, but some new features are there as well, like portrait mode for the front camera, hourly weather forecasts, and more settings for Gaming Mode 3.0.
According to OnePlus, the following has been improved:
- Added Toast message source for Toast messages sent by background apps
- Added description about sleep standby optimization when the function is turned on for the first time
- Optimized background power consumption control
- Fixed call recording issue in India
- Updated Android security patch to 2018.8
- Added portrait mode for the front camera
Gaming mode 3.0
- Added call suspension notification
- Added text notification mode
- UI and interaction optimization
- Hourly weather forecast
- 8 units of meteorological data including precipitation probability and Perceived temperature
- Improved weather data accuracy
- New OxygenOS UI
- Optimized process for sharing notes as an image
- UI optimization
If you are interested in testing these betas, there are a couple of things to know. First, betas are never as stable as stable builds, so you could run into bugs or other issues. If that sounds fine, you can switch to the beta track, but understand that once you do, you won’t receive stable updates any longer. Instead, you’ll just pick-up beta builds as OnePlus rolls them out. You can switch back to stable, of course, but that often requires a factory reset and a fresh setup.
Still interested? You can find the instructions at the link below.