Nova Launcher 6.0 is on the way and you can test out its new features if you opt-in to the Nova Launcher beta today. This first 6.0 beta includes changes to everything from adaptive icons to folder background shapes and general app settings.
I wouldn’t necessarily say that there are any standout features here, but the improvements listed below all add polish and additional customizations to the 3rd party launcher that remains the best around. Your folders in Nova 6.0 have more options, there are new customizable shapes in adaptive icons, icon resizing is no longer a Prime add-on, and you can search throughout settings.
- Improved Settings menu layout: Dock options are now part of Desktop, more intuitive settings hierarchy, etc.
- Nova Settings are now searchable for faster parsing.
- More Adaptive Icon options available, including a new customizable shape.
- Option to automatically match folder and app drawer icon size to desktop.
- New window styles in folders: choose from windowed or immersive modes.
- Folder background shapes now share the same options as adaptive icons: Round, Squircle, etc.
- App drawer search bar can now be stylized like on the desktop.
- Search bar provider can now be set to Google or Nova Settings by default.
- Added vertical or horizontal scrolling options for folders.
- Icon resizing no longer requires Nova Prime (but you should probably buy it anyway).
If you want to checkout the Nova Launcher beta, hit up this link.
// +Kevin Barry