It’s super official, Android Wear 2.0 is now rolling out to owners of the Fossil-made Q Marshal, Q Founder, and Q Wander.
Yesterday, a tweet went out from Fossil stating this would be the case, but an additional email sent to all relevant press has doubly confirmed the move. Now, for everyone who will say, “What about my smartwatch?,” you’ll just have to remain patient. That includes you, Huawei Watch and Moto 360 (2nd Gen) owners.
Fossil was kind enough to send along a changelog for Android Wear 2.0, so look it over, then grab that update.
- Both iOS and Android users can now benefit from third-party standalone apps with enhanced functionality.
- Information at a glance is given a whole new meaning: users can customize their watch faces with the information they use the most and create app shortcuts to play music, call a car, or check their latest fitness goals.
- Apps can now quickly be downloaded through the on-watch Google Play Store.
- Android Wear 2.0 brings the Google Assistant* to your watch. Simply hold the power button on your watch or say “Ok Google”. Users can ask about the weather, play music, or ask for directions.
User Navigation & Design
- Android Wear 2.0 features a new design from top to bottom including a more user-friendly navigation experience.
- The user interface is now darker which makes it easier for the user to read and improves battery life.
- Now, regardless of whether you have iOS or Android phone, users can customize the style (including exclusive Fossil Q watch faces) and information on their watch, and updates make it easier than ever for users to swipe from one watch face to another.
- There are three new ways to respond to text messages. This update allows the user to be more conversational—you can see the whole text and respond with a variety of choices including a watch keyboard, handwriting, or Smart Reply.
- Android Wear 2.0 comes with an improved workout experience through Google Fit.
- Track runs, bike rides, strength training (i.e pull-ups, push-ups), and more.
- Users can now measure calories, pace, distance, and additional exercises based on settings.
- As long as connection to cellular activity or Wifi-users can stay motivated while working out by streaming music right from your watch.