The Verizon Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge are receiving updates today to software version VRU4CPH1 that seem to have focused primarily on improving WiFi and HD Calling on Big Red’s network.
The updates should reduce the number of dropped WiFi voice calls, include a pop-up reminder during video calls disclosing incoming data usage, improve HD Voice call volume, etc. There aren’t any new features necessarily, as you can see here. The full changelog is below.
- Fewer dropped Wi-Fi voice calls
- Video calls using a cellular network will start with a pop-up reminder that you’ll be using data
- Ensures you can only make HD Voice Calls when connected to the 4G LTE network
- Improvements to HD Voice Call volume
- You can now register for Voice over Wi-Fi calling when roaming
To check for the update, head into Settings>About phone>Software updates>Check for updates.