The updates are rolling out as version VRU4CPD2 for each and can be pulled for installation by heading into Home>Applications>Settings>About Device>Software updates. These aren’t massive updates, but you will want to grab them sooner than later.
As for what’s changing, Verizon says that the update fixes the following:
- Fixes Google Play Store app update and download errors
- Resolves Visual Voice Mail access issues
- Google “Search” is now available in Settings menu
- You can now answer video calls as just a voice call, and when you do, the call audio is routed to the earpiece by default. Video call audio will come from the speaker by default
- Removed Amazon Music app
- When a USB cable is plugged into the phone, the default mode automatically shows other USB options (like File Transfer)
- Added “Send Premium SMS” in the Application manager settings
Need more? The update also introduces a setting that shows how much RAM is being used by apps and how much is free. To check this going forward, head into Settings>Applications>Application manager>More.
Let us know if that update is live yet!
Some of our best videos.