During an evening presentation at Google I/O last night, Google announced winners for their first ever Google Play Awards. After announcing a handful of apps for a handful of categories (like “Best use of Material Design” and “Best game”) a few weeks back, we now know who reigns supreme in the eyes of Google’s “panel of experts on the Google Play team.”
And the winners are:
- Best app: Houzz
- Best families app: Thinkrolls 2
- Best game: Clash Royale
- Best use of Material Design: Robinhood
- Best use of Google Play Game Services: Table Tennis Touch
- Early adopter: World Around Me
- Go global: Pokemon Shuffle Mobile
- Most innovative: NYT VR
- Standout indie: Alphabear
- Standout startup: Hopper
Big user of any of those apps? Houzz is certainly a wonderful app that probably deserves the win there. Robinhood is also a very well made app. I haven’t used many of the others, but really would have liked to have seen Alto’s Adventure snag the “best game” award.
Via: Android Developers
Some of our best videos.