An update for the SHIELD Tablet K1 from NVIDIA is rolling out, which includes a bump up to Android 6.0.1, in addition to many other things. A sweet feature for gamers is also included, being support of the Vulkan API for high-efficiency access to the SHIELD’s graphics hardware.
Also listed on the changelog, support for Android’s Doze mode is baked inside, USB MIDI support, a memory compression enhancement, improved WiFi connectivity when waking from sleep, a fix for issues when movings apps to your SD card, and much more.
This update is rolling out right now, so keep your eyes peeled for it.
Take a look at the complete changelog below.
- Supports the new Vulkan API for high-efficiency access to SHIELD’s graphics hardware
- Adds Android 6.0.1 changes
- Support for Android Doze mode & additional power optimizations
- Adds USB MIDI support
- Adds memory compression enhancement
- Improved Wi-Fi connectivity when waking from sleep
- Fixed Compass functionality
- Fixed Gamepad Mapper issues
- Fixed issues with moving apps to SD card
- Fixed Doom 3 HDMI output issue
- Repositioned Lasso Capture icons in landscape mode
- Update to Android 6.0 Security Patch Level March 1, 2016
- Overall stability and security enhancements