Like we do most years, we are once again putting together a decent Black Friday round-up of the deals that might interest the good people here at Droid Life. This isn’t going to be the ultimate in Black Friday guides, because well, there are dedicated Black Friday websites that do that better than we could ever think of doing. This one, like in the past, is focused on the Android stuff and the accessories that go with the Android stuff and the occasional other electronic that may or may not go with Android stuff, but still might be of value thanks to a deep discount.
As the we close in on November 27, Black Friday day, we’ll continue to update this post. Feel free to check back!
Amazon is finna go H.A.M. on Black Friday, because they want you on their site buying all of the things that big box stores will try and get you to stand in line for. That means deals for days, not just the day after Thanksgiving. In fact, they are kicking off 8 days of holiday deals starting November 20 and pushing them through Black Friday and beyond.
They’ll have TVs on sale, along with their Fire products, accessories (SD cards and such), fitness trackers, Samsung’s tablets, and more.
As we get closer to Black Friday, we’ll update this section with direct links as they pop up.
They have a dedicated Black Friday Hub, which you should visit regularly if you are interested in doing your shopping from Amazon.
As is always the case, Best Buy has more deals than you can probably handle. With that said, here are a few that are standing out already. Also, keep in mind that Best Buy is holding back some deals until Thursday.
- $250 Best Buy gift card with an installment plan or lease on Galaxy S6, S6 Edge, or S6 Edge+
- Samsung Gear S2 for $249.99 [$50 savings]
- Samsung fast wireless charger for $29.99 [$20 savings]
- 64GB Samsung microSD card for $17.99 [$32 savings]
- 2 Chromecasts (new model) for $50 [$20 savings]
- Roku SE for $24.99 [$25 savings]
- Roku Stick for $39.99 [$10 savings]
- Fire TV Stick for $24.99 [$15 savings]
- Fire TV for $74.99 [$25 savings]
- Sonos Play:1 2-room starter kit for $349 [$50 savings]
- Buy Moto 360 (2nd gen), get $50 Best Buy gift card
- Huawei Watch for $299 [$50 savings]
- Jawbone UP2 for $49.99 [$50 savings]
- Fitbit Surge for $199 [$50 savings]
- Fitbit Charge HR for $119 [$30 savings]
- Fitbit Charge for $89.99 [$40 savings]
- Pebble Time for $129 [$70 savings]
- SanDisk 128GB microSD card for $39.99 [$140 savings]
- SanDisk 32GB microSD card for $9.99 [$50 savings]
- Buy Nest Thermostat (3rd gen), get $50 Best Buy gift card
- Nest Cam for $169 [$30 savings]
Here is the full Best Buy Hub for all of the deals, including those on TVs, appliances, computers, speakers, video games, and more.
Costco doesn’t have a ton of deals, but they have a couple for Android folks.
- 2-pack Chromecast (2nd gen) is $20 off
- Fitbit Flex is $23 off
- 64GB SanDisk Ultra Plus microSD card is $15 off
Here is Costco’s full Black Friday Hub.
DL Deals Store
You can now add the DL Deals Store to your Black Friday destinations, as we have a coupon code that will save you an extra 15% off of all of the already discounted prices. All you have to do is plug-in “BLACKFRIDAY” at checkout and the prices will drop. There are some exceptions, but for the most part, all of the stuff you want works with the code.
Here are some decent options:
- UE Boom Bluetooth speaker for $119 [$20.99 off]
- Soundfreaq Pocket Kick Bluetooth speaker for $51 [$8.99 off]
- iLoud Bluetooth speaker for $170 [$29.99 off]
- Wireless LED Lighting Starter Kit for $68 [$11 off]
- Mpow 4-Port USB Wall Charger for $18.70 [$3.29 off]
- SNES30 Bluetooth Game Controller for $25.46 [$4.49 off]
- Pencil by FiftyThree for $38.25 [$6.74 off]
- Tenqa FIT Bluetooth earbuds for $42.50 [$7.49 off]
- ZeroLemon 3500mAh Galaxy S6 charging case for $24.65 [$4.34 off]
Google Store and Google Play
Google finally posted its Google Store plans for Black Friday and Cyber Monday last night, many of which are quite good. We’re talking discounts on Nexus products, accessories, Android Wear, Chromecast, and more.
Here is the full list:
- Nexus 5X for $299 or $349 [$80 off]
- Nexus 9 for $199 or $279 [$200 off]
- 50% off Nexus accessories
- Chromecast deal of 2 for $50 [$20 off]
- Chromecast Audio deal of 2 for $50 [$20 off]
- LG Watch Urbane for $279 [$70 off]
- Nest Cam for $169 [$30 off]
- Nest Thermostat deal of $50 Google Play credit with purchase
- $50 off select Chromebooks
Here is the full Google Store Black Friday/Cyber Monday Hub.
Google Play opened up a Cyber Weekend Deals special last night that you should definitely take a peek at over the next few days. You’ll find games for as low as $0.99, big discounts on in-app purchases, 50% off other apps and their subscriptions, music deals with albums as low as $0.99, new movies to purchase for $5.99, and books and other literature for super cheap.
To view all of the deals, hit up the link below.
Google Play Link
I’m not seeing a ton of Android-related deals from hhgregg, but there are a couple worth noting.
- Samsung Gear S2 for $249 [$50 savings]
- Samsung tablets up to $70 off
- Fitbit Charge for $89 [$40 savings]
- Amazon Fire TV for $74.99 [$25 saving]
- Amazon Fire TV with game controller for $139.99
- Roku Stick for $39.99 [$20 savings]
- Roku 3 for $79.99 [$20 savings]
Here is a link to the full hhgregg Black Friday ad.
HTC has a bunch of deals on everything from their new One A9 to last year’s Nexus 9, the One M9, and all of their accessories. The One A9 deal is somewhat enticing, assuming you want to trade in your current phone. Here are the details.
- HTC One A9 (potentially free): HTC will give you $499 rebate if you trade in an iPhone 6, 6S, 6 Plus, or 6S Plus. That $499 would then cover the cost of a brand new One A9, so you are technically getting it for free. If you trade in a Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge, they’ll give you $200. Trade in an LG G3 or G4 and you’ll get $100. Deal runs from November 26 to December 2. [Deal Link]
- Nexus 9 is 40% off all models. Deal runs from November 26-27. [Deal Link]
- Nexus 9 LTE purchases come with a free Logitech keyboard (first 500 units). Deal runs November 28-29. [Deal Link]
- 40% off all accessories [Deal Link]
- HTC One M9 is 40% off from November 30 to December 2. [Deal Link]
- RE Camera is 60% from November 30 to December 2. [Deal Link]
Nest has a couple of deals to consider for the weekend and through Cyber Monday:
Newegg is hosting more than 5,000 deals from November 23 through November 30. The initial 4,000 deals will be unlocked at 1PM on November 23, then more on November 25, followed by the final unlocking on November 27 (Black Friday).
You can find all of the specials at this Newegg Black Friday Hub.
Here are the big links by category:
- 50% off accessories
- 40% off wearables
- 40% off tablets
- 60% off TVs
- 45% off cameras
- 20% off SmartThings kits
- 60% off home audio
Here are some individual deals worth looking at:
- Gear S2 Classic for $299 [$50 off]
- Gear S2 in black for $249 (or white) [$50 off]
- Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 32GB for $399 [$100 off]
- Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 32GB for $349 [$50 off]
- Radiant360 R1 Bluetooth/WiFi speaker for $99 [$150 off]
- Radiant360 R3 Bluetooth/WiFi speaker for $199 [$130 off]
- Radiant360 R5 Bluetooth/WiFi speaker for $299 [$200 off]
- Radiant360 R7 Bluetooth/WiFi speaker for $349 [$250 off]
- SmartThings Home Monitoring Kit for $199 [$50 off]
- 32GB EVO+ microSD card for $9.99 [$13 off]
- 64GB PR+ microSD card for $29.99 [$40 off]
- 128GB EVO+ microSD card for $44.99 [$58 off]
You can find all of Samsung’s Black Friday deals at the link below.
The big deals:
- Half-off Galaxy S6 lease deal: $9 per month (was $18)
- Free Amazon Prime: activate Sprint services on a Galaxy S6, S6 Edge, S6 Edge+, or Note 5
- Free 24-inch LG TV: activate a new LG G4 and receive a free 24-inch LG HD TV ($179 value)
- Fitbit Charge HR for $119 [$3o off]
- Fitbit Charge for $89 [$40 off]
- Garmin vivofit 2 for $69 [$30 off]
- Garmin vivosmart for $79 [$50 off]
- Garmin vivoactive for $169 [$80 off]
- Withings Activite Pop for $129 [$20 off]
- LG Tone Pro 750 for $39 [$30 off]
All of these deals can be accessed at the link below.
T-Mobile isn’t doing anything really big, but they do have these deals running:
- Free Galaxy S6: From 11/26 through 11/29, you can get a Galaxy S6 32GB for $0 down/$0 per month.
- UE Boom deal: The popular UE Boom Blueooth speaker is $100 off from Friday through Sunday, while supplies last.
- Free tablet: From 11/25 through 11/29, if you sign-up for a tablet data plan, T-Mobile will give you an Alcatel Pixi 7-inch 4G LTE tablet for $0 down/$0 per month.
- Tronsmart 1-Port Car Charger (1 QC 2.0 Port) – CODE U293HAPV – $5.99 ($6 off)
- Tronsmart 2-Port Car Charger (2 x QC 2.0 Port) – CODE PD72FZJH – $10.49 ($9.50 off)
- Tronsmart USB Type-C Car Charger – CODE TYPECCAR – $9.99 ($10 off)
- Tronsmart 3-Port Car Charger (2 x QC 2.0 Port + 1 VoltIQ Port) – CODE 9XQCVY3A – $13.49 ($8.50 off)
- Tronsmart 4-Port Car Charger (1 QC 2.0 Port+ 3 x VoltIQ Port) – CODE 4PORTCAR – $11.49 ($8.50 off)
- Tronsmart QC 2.0 Single Port Wall Charger – no code needed – $8.99 ($6 off)
- Tronsmart 2-Port Wall Charger (2 x QC 2.0 Port) – CODE MTVFSFZC – $13.49 ($8.50 off)
- Tronsmart 3-Port Wall Charger (1 QC 2.0 Port+ 2 x VoltIQ Port) – CODE 2ECBRH5G – $9.99 ($10 off)
- Tronsmart Titan (QC 2.0 and VoltIQ in each port) – CODE 53E8EJCI – $27.99 ($10 off)
- Tronsmart 5-Port 54W – CODE IJQS6WCJ – $19.99 ($10 off)
TYLT is back once again with a big Black Friday sale. This time they are doing 35% off their entire wireless charging line, plus 50% off all other products.
The big push Verizon is making is for this $500 switch credit/discount when you trade in your smartphone from another carrier and join their network. With this deal, they are slashing $200 off of smartphones, then giving you up to $300 for your trade-in. If you do that and qualify for the full $500 off, you can get into phones for these prices:
- Samsung Galaxy S6 for $3.16/month
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge for $7.16/month
- DROID Turbo 2 for $5.16/month
If you don’t want any of those phones, Verizon is also doing $100 off other phones, plus the $300 trade-in credit. That would get you into these phones for the these prices:
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ for $15.33/month
- Samsung Galaxy Note 5 for $12.33/month
- LG V10 for $11.33/month
And if none of that sounds fun, here are some other deals.
- Fitbit Charge for $89.99 [$40 off]
- Mophie Powerstation Plus for $99 [$50 off]
- Mophie Powerstation 4000 for $39 [$40 off]
- UE Megaboom Speaker for $249 [$50 off]
- Nest Cam for $169 [$30 off]
- Bose SoundLink Speaker for $119 [$10 off]
- Parrot AR Drone 2.0 Elite for $249 [$50 off]
- Beats Solo On-Ear headphones for $249 [$50 off]