The OnePlus crew sat down for an AMA over at reddit this morning and ended up answering a whole bunch of questions about the upcoming OnePlus 2, meaning they revealed new details that we had not yet heard. For one, we now know the battery size, that the phone will be smaller than the original OnePlus One, which LTE and GSM bands will be supported, and when you can get one through the invite system.
They had four OnePlus members in the AMA, so it took a bit to get through it all. Below, in quick bulleted format, you can see the most revealing answers they gave. There were also some comments one OxygenOS and fixes they have been working on for the original OnePlus One, but we focused on the new device.
This is what we know now:
- Phone size: OnePlus 2 is smaller than the original OnePlus One.
- Battery: Larger 3300mAh battery.
- Navigation buttons: Will they be on-screen or capacitive or option for either? “We have a solution in place that will satisfy everyone.”
- Network bands: US GSM model (GSM: 850, 900, 1800, 1900MHz WCDMA: Bands: 1/2/4/5/8 FDD-LTE: Bands: 1/2/4/5/7/8/12/17)
- Network bands: Europe GSM model (850, 900, 1800, 1900MHz WCDMA: Bands: 1/2/5/8 FDD-LTE: Bands: 1/3/5/7/8/20)
- Keynote viewing: There will be options for watching with or without VR.
- Colors: “This year StyleSwaps are gonna be much much better.” – when asked if Sandstone Black will be back.
- Invite system: Early supports will be prioritized this time around.
Add all of that to the Snapdragon 810, 4GB RAM, less-than-$450 price tag, and USB Type-C and you have a pretty great sounding phone.
Collapse Show Comments