Google just pinged us to point out that they made some changes to their Google Play Developer Program Policies this morning. While we aren’t developers, we still thought everyone should be aware of the changes. So, here they are.
- You will find a new Sensitive Events policy that doesn’t allow someone to make an app to capitalize on or lack reasonable sensitivity towards a natural disaster, atrocity, conflict, death, or other tragic event.
- Google tried to clarify the Impersonation or Deceptive Behavior policy in a fancy bulleted format.
- The Paid and Free Apps section (which is the payment policy) has been clarified as well.
- They also told us that “To ensure a secure and consistent customer support experience to our users, we’ve introduced a provision which governs the transfer of in-app virtual currencies purchased in an app.”
- And finally, they “specified that apps should not harm, interfere with, or improperly access application programming interfaces (APIs).”
You can read the rest of the updated program policies at the source link below.
Collapse Show Comments