An update is set to roll out soon to Android, iOS, and Windows Phone owners who play Minecraft: Pocket Edition. Inside the update, the good folks at Mojang are bringing Player Skins, allowing players to customize their appearance inside of the app. Users can upload their very own skins for free, or can purchase bundles of skins for a small price.
On top of skins, the developers are bringing sweet fishing spots, boats that fit two (you and your wolf buddy can now float around on the lake), squids, cave spiders, the ability to throw objects from boats, and plenty of bug fixes.
The update should be live later this week or early next week for users on Android, iOS, and Windows Phone.
Want to see everything they are adding in? Here you go.
- Multiple language support
- Boats with space for two! Take your pet for a pleasant ride.
- The ability to throw stuff from boats, including snowballs and eggs
- Fishing! Now you can fish for fishies!
- Spider jockeys!
- Cave Spiders!
- Adorable baby zombies!
- Weird chicken jockeys!
- Edible clownfish. Yum!
- A fancy new World Edit screen so you can rename worlds, change game modes and do other things
- Creative players can no longer be set on fire. Controversial
- We’ve stopped cheeky chickens from walking on water
- Animals can no longer breed without touching each other ooh err
- Drinking milk now removes mob effects
- Ridiculous amounts of bug fixes
- More cool things that you should discover for yourself