Airbnb, the service that allows you to quickly find a place to crash for a night or two in most cities around the world, or lets you rent out your own unused space, now has a dedicated application for Android tablets.
Inside the updated applications, users will see immersive maps to locate listings around you, as well as listing pages that feature cinematic images in high resolution. As stated in Airbnb’s press release, it should resemble the look of a magazine.
According to Airbnb, this is exactly what the tablet app offers.
- Immersive maps that share more about the listings to help people decide whether to dive deeper into the content
- Listing pages that showcase the cinematic images in high-resolution – Seamless flow through the app that reacts to touch rather than a point and click, which keeps people engaged as they move through the booking experience
- An in-depth Discover page offering curated listings, wish lists, and experiences around the world
- A message system specifically built for a tablet with dual-pane view for the first time on Airbnb
- New navigation setup that offers a simple way to find upcoming trips
Please note, Airbnb states that the update should go live later this evening on Google Play, around 9pm Pacific.
Collapse Show Comments