AT&T is on a roll this week with the Lollipop updates. Just yesterday, they began pushing Android 5.0 to the LG G2, and are now following that up with Lollipop updates for the Samsung Galaxy Alpha and Galaxy S5 Active.
The Galaxy Alpha is seeing one of the most recent versions of Lollipop, with an upgrade to Android 5.0.2. The Galaxy S5 Active, on the other hand, seems to only be getting Android 5.0.
Below you will find a changelog for the Alpha that should provide owners of both phones with a solid list of what to expect:
- Upgrade to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop OS (additional details available from Google)
- Improved OS software design: Bold colors and bright contrast; New complex views and fluid animations
- Better visibility for Recents and Calendar: New schedule view; New event with promoted action; Calendar picker view has new dropdown capabilities
- Enhanced notifications: Notifications are more visible and accessible; Set notification priority and privacy for each application; Dismiss notification once across all Android devices
- New recent apps: New Overview space (formerly called Recents); Includes both apps and separate activities within those apps
- Improved settings: Use a finger swipe to access drop down notifications and quick settings
- Screen Pinning: Pin a specific app or screen to keep it in view
- Share your device: Set up multiple user accounts on your phone
- New battery settings panel
- Removed SoftCard app (existing users can only remove with a hard reset of the device)
- Other planned fixes, updates, and enhancements
Here are the dirty details for the Galaxy S5 Active’s update:
- Android version: 5.0
- Baseband version: G870AUCU1BOC5
- Kernel version: 3.4.0-4443965 [email protected] #1 Sat Mar 21 14:51:12 KST 2015
- Build number: LRX21T.G870AUCU1BOC5
- File Size: 1.4GB
And here they are for the Galaxy Alpha:
- Software Version: 5.0.2
- Baseband Version: G850AUCU1BOC6
- Kernel Version: 3.4.0-4486591 [email protected] #1
- Build number: LRX22G.G850AUCU1BOC6
To check for updates, head into Settings>More>About Device>Software Update.
Some of our best videos.