Owners of the AT&T HTC One M8, your Android 5.0.2 Lollipop update is ready! “Technical approval” has been granted, so at any minute, a world of WiFi draining bugs hidden behind the beauty of Material Design will be upon you. It’s glorious, especially if you like charging phones all of the time or noticing your WiFi connection coming and going on the regular. Ahhh, software, we love you.
It’s not all bugs, though! You also get bold colors, fluid animations, and lock screen notifications. Lock screen notifications! Oh, there is a new “battery settings panel” too, which you’ll be staring at constantly trying to figure out why your battery life has been cut in half over night. Hah, yeah.
Go get it!
Here is the full changelog from AT&T:
- Upgrade to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop (additional details available from Google)
- Improved OS software design
- Bold colors and bright contrast
- New complex views and fluid animations
- Better visibility for Recents and Calendar
- New Schedule view
- New event with promoted action
- Calendar picker view has new drop down capabilities
- Enhanced notifications
- Notifications are more visible and accessible
- Set notification priority and privacy for each application
- Dismiss notification once across all Android devices
- New recent apps
- New Overview space (formerly called Recents)
- Includes both apps and separate activities within those apps
- Improved settings
- Use a finger swipe to access drop down notifications and quick settings
- Screen Pinning
- Pin a specific app or screen to keep it in view
- Share your device
- Set up multiple user accounts on your phone
- New battery settings panel
- Other planned fixes, updates, and enhancements
- Software number: 4.28.502.1
- Baseband version: [email protected]_40.45.C33065.00_F
- Kernel version: [email protected] #1 SMP PREEMPT
- Build number: 4.28.502.1 CL511189 release-key
- File Size: 550MB
Some of our best videos.