For owners of the Samsung Galaxy S4 on AT&T, today is a good day for you. Starting now, AT&T is pushing out the Android 5.0.1 OTA update, taking you from Android 4.4.4 “Kit Kat” all of the way to Lollipop. Yippee.
Inside of the update, owners will see a few major differences between Kit Kat and Lollipop. For starters, your user interface should be much more bright and fun to play with, thanks to updated animations and droplet effects. In addition, Smart Lock is included, Priority Mode has been added, and the enhanced Recent Apps menu is included as well.
Below, AT&T posted the full changelog of what to expect from the update.
- Songs, photos, apps, and even recent searches from one Android device can be immediately enjoyed across all of your Android devices.
- New User Interface look and feel, more fluid motions
- Priority mode to only allow certain notifications to get through
- Battery saving features and remaining time left to charge or deplete indicators
- Smart Lock to secure phone or tablet by pairing it with a trusted device like a wearable or car
- Most frequently used settings available with just two swipes down from the top screen
- Details at: http://www.android.com/versions/lollipop-5-0/
- Removal of Code Scanner, Browser Bar and Softcard apps
Be on the lookout, S4 owners.