Motorola unveiled its much-anticipated Cyber Monday deal this evening, announcing that they would be slashing the price of the new Moto X (2nd Gen) by $140, while also discounting accessories that you buy with it by 30%. If we do a little math, that drops the $499 Moto X (2nd gen) down to $359 without a contract. That, my friends, is a really good deal. We are talking a phone that is up for phone of the year in the minds of most tech reviewers.
If you decide you don’t want to go the off-contract route, Motorola and Verizon are also discounting the Big Red variant to $0.01 when you sign your life away for two years.
How do you get in on the deal? Like last year, Motorola is doing a sign-up process that involves redemption codes. In order to receive a code, you need to head to this link at 11AM Central (12PM Eastern, 9AM Pacific) on December 1 and fill out the accompanying form. Once you fill out the form, you will receive a confirmation email followed by a code that must be used during checkout before Monday, December 15, at 11:59PM Central. In other words, you have two weeks to use it.
Here are the details once again:
- $140 off the price of an off-contract Moto X (2nd gen.).
- Moto X (2nd gen.) on Verizon Wireless starting at one cent. If a consumer signs up for a new account, has an eligible upgrade, or adds a line, they can get a 16gb Moto X for $.01, 32Gb for $50.01. Wood and leather available for an additional $25
- 30% off any accessories with the purchase of a Moto X (2nd gen.)*.
- Registration for the code is Mon, Dec. 1, from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm CST OR while supplies last
- Codes must be redeemed by Monday 12/15 11:59 pm CST.
- THIS IS YOUR LINK TO CLAIM A REDEMPTION CODE.
If you feel like playing with Moto Maker and deciding on the custom Moto X you will make come Monday, head to this link.