On Wednesday, November 26, the day before Thanksgiving, Verizon is giving away a whole bunch of freebies in partnership with a handful of companies on what they are calling “Connection Day.” The idea is pretty simple – thanks to a bunch of free stuff, you can “connect” with friends, family, and companies you may not otherwise care about except that they are giving you things at no cost.
So what kinds of freebies are we talking about? Free and discounted apps from Amazon, free Audible book downloads, free Conde Nast magazines, free WiFi through Boingo and Gogo, free in-flight WiFi on JetBlue flights, a seven day free trial of Pandora One, and a special iTunes deal that they won’t reveal until the 26th. Hopefully it’s more U2! Errr…
Here is the full list of goodies:
- Verizon FiOS: Special mobile access to popular movies and TV shows on November 26, compliments of Verizon FiOS, by downloading the free FiOS Preview app.
- Amazon: Selection of 10 free/discounted apps, plus two free Audible book downloads (new members) or $10 Audible credit (current members)
- Apple: A special offer from iTunes to be revealed on Nov. 26
- Condé Nast: Free Digital Edition downloads of 17 Conde Nast Publications, including Wired, Vanity Fair and GQ.
- Free Wi-Fi: Complimentary Internet sessions through Boingo Wireless (at airports) and Gogo (in-flight).
- JetBlue: Free in-flight Fly-Fi (Wi-Fi) for flights between November 26th and December 31st.
- Pandora Media: Free seven-day trial of Pandora One.
- 1GB Free shareable data: Verizon customers only
Outside of that last item, the offers are available to everyone, not just Verizon customers. All you have to do is head over to http://www.verizonwireless.com/connection-day/ on November 26 to participate.